Cannabis Investing Newsletter

Learn To Pick The Best Cannabis Stocks

Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Best Cannabis Stocks - My Top Picks

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Which are the Best Cannabis Stocks?  Cannabis Stocks are about to take off with Cannabis Federal Legalization. And, you may want to take advantage of this once in a generational opportunity.  So, if you find yourself asking: What are the best cannabis stocks? Then, here are the Best Cannabis Stocks.  Also, you may also be wondering how to invest in stocks and that is how you came about my website: Cannabis Investing Newsletter.  In fact, cannabis stocks represent one of the greatest investment opportunities of a generation and, with Federal Legalization of cannabis about to occur, this makes cannabis investments one of the best sectors to focus on.

Because of that, you will want to know all you can about cannabis stocks, the process of cannabis federal legalization, how to invest in stocks, and finally how to pick the best cannabis stocks.

First, Cannabis Federal Legalization will mean cannabis stocks are going up.  Cannabis companies are rolling out products throughout the United States, Canada, and parts of Europe & Latin America.  So, this means the opportunity for these companies to grow is immense.  And, cannabis stocks will go higher.  Therefore, picking the best cannabis stocks will be a big priority.

This topic was modified 1 week ago by D. H. Taylor

Jonathan Cheek
(@jcheekwellesley-edu)

What do you think about Halo Collective dividing into seperate US and non-US (Africa, Europe, and Canada) companies, with the international company to be named Akanda >
as described in their hour long June 25 presentation ?

ReplyQuote

William Dixon
(@thegreenbulldoggmail-com)

I'm just curious how the "best bang for your buck" philosophy, enters into the picks you choose as your favorites. I mean, if a company is only a double-your-money play, like PLNHF, shouldn't this take a back seat to a company that has a target 30 times higher than your entry? Or are you only picking according to your fundamental scheme of valuation? It's an interesting question, since, if you believe a company will 30x your money (let's say), but it's fundamentals don't look quite as nice as a 2x your money play, should the 2x play make it to your favorites, while the 30x play remains in your list of the top 100 companies? An argument could be made that the 30x play deserves more weight, when considering what companies you would actually buy. For example, if you believe Halo will survive, and grow in profitability, with an entry price today of .026, the upside there could be astronomical ... especially with all the dispenseries they are throwing up. Anyway, this occurred to me, as I consider what companies to actually buy, and which ones to put more money on.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the question/comment on the site.

You are correct that there are times when going in on a long shot merits a lot of consideration. There are a few considerations I look for. I want to see continuously increasing revenues, no matter how a company gets there. The real stand-out for me is first, clearing EBITDA profitability. Then, with increasing revenues, and EBTIDA profitability, all a company has to do is continue increasing revenues and net profits are next. Given that, what could the company be worth from a Discounted Cash Flow point of view.

While there are some long shots that could merit consideration, I usually try to instill a little bit of measure of safety in my considerations. All cannabis stocks are undervalued so, you don’t need to necessarily bet the ranch. And, considering the longterm prospects of some of these companies, there is going to be a lot of future growth.

Bottom line, I consider these things but, I’m also balancing the considerations.

ReplyQuote

William Dixon
(@thegreenbulldoggmail-com)

Hey D. H., hello back, and thanks. I appreciate your thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Larry Moulton
(@liberty155yahoo-ca)

Hello same question about halo collective, to early to answer as I have being a shareholder for 3 years now and did own 1.6 M shares until the 100-1 reverse split,
So what do you see when they finish spitting the company in two ,now that they are away
from the 280E ,

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Larry... it looks like you do NOT get shares of the newly formed Akana company. Instead, Halo is simply going to sell it and then keep the proceeds for operating capital (as best I can tell).
I still believe in the industry but, as many have put it, it is tough to stay believing in some of the things these guys do. The spin-off is one of those things. Why?
I'd say you are in for the long haul and, it is very likely that you will see some return. But, if we see any kind of surge out of the ordinary like what we saw back in February, no reason to stay holding. Put together a plan and, if there is a big spike upwards in cannabis stocks, get out of this one and find some others that make more sense holding longterm.

ReplyQuote
Dennis Lee
(@panneelmsn-com)

Can you do a more recent update of this list, as this information may not be current? I am sure we current members would appreciate this.

Thanks

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Dennis…
Thanks for this.
I am going to update each stock throughout this quarter. I just did Verano yesterday and updated the targets and buy-in pricing. As I do analysis on each of these stocks, I’ll change up what needs to be changed. For now, everything is fairly up-to-date, albeit the current stock prices are below the buy-ins.

ReplyQuote
Ron Grace
(@rgrace970msn-com)
Active Member Registered

Hi D.H. Have you done an up dated list on your favorites? I like Curaleaf, Cresco and Columbia Care because they all have a number of dispensaries, seem to have good management and are down right now. I know all cannabis stocks are down now but they may come back quicker because of their holdings.

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@rgrace970msn-com 

Hey Ron... Not certain why, but just seeing this posting for the first time.  I usually get alerted to new postings and am pretty good about following up.

Yes... and even more so than back in March, cannabis stocks are being brutalized.  As for this particular list, I am working through all 110 cannabis stocks and doing DCF calculations when I can, then inputing the data into my Top Picks page.  So, I will continually be doing info on this.  

Also, you will want to check out the posting on "Most Undervalued Cannabis Stocks" where I have a continuous update on the DCF calculations showing the latest stock prices versus my intrinsic value.  

What I have been doing, and have been pretty good at being consistent at, is I am updating all of these pages toward the end of the week depending upon @Karolina and I doing updates to the data.  

I may start sending out weekly emails to start the week with an update on each of these so that individuals can see the continuous updates.  

These stocks will turn upward.  We are just waiting for the process to work its way through.  

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Copyright Cannabis Investing Newsletter 2021 - 2022