Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of and analysis of cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Trulieve Expanding Partnership With Bhang

Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I pulled this up on my td ameritrade account.

I picked up a few shares as a speculative buy, thinking maybe TCNNF buys it someday.

I think Trulieve will probably want to buy up the small niche companies, they could scale up and and spread out across their entire business.

Expanding Partnership With Bhang

The news of the offering comes on the heels of Trulieve’s announcement of the expanded partnership with Bhang Inc. (CSE: BHNG) (OTCQB: BHNGF), a cannabis edibles producer. The two companies confirmed Thursday they have signed an expanded licensing agreement to manufacture and distribute Bhang's THC-infused chocolate products in all Trulieve markets.

Initially, the products will be produced and distributed in the Florida and Massachusetts markets. In addition to being available in Trulieve's dispensaries, the products will also be sold through Trulieve's robust sales and distribution efforts.

Bhang products available through Trulieve include Dark Chocolate Bars, Milk Chocolate Bars, Caramel CBD/THC 1:1 Dark Chocolate, Caramel Mocha Milk Chocolate, and Cookies & Cream White Chocolate.

"We could not be more excited to work with Trulieve's amazing team to offer Bhang's globally-recognized, award-winning gourmet chocolate products to their markets," Jamie L. Pearson, president & CEO of Bhang said in a statement. “We value our partnership - which began in Florida in 2018 - and would like to congratulate Kim Rivers, Trulieve CEO, and her team for elevating our industry every day with their outstanding progress."

info from simply wallst website.

Individual Insiders 15.7%31,411,701 shares

VC/PE Firms 37.4%75,052,610 shares

I looked up Bhang on simply wall st website,and their financial strength got 3 out of 6 green check marks, which, I think for what stages they are at, in building a business, those are the correct good checks having enough short term and long term liabilities green and not red.

Short Term Liabilities: BHNG.F's short term assets ($1.4M) exceed its short term liabilities ($1.3M).

Long Term Liabilities: BHNG.F's short term assets ($1.4M) exceed its long term liabilities ($750.0K).

Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Lots of short selling, but low volume.

I think market cap is around $9,000,000.0 on this one, according to my tda account.

Small company with contract with Trulieve. under 7 cents a shares, has  large percentage of Private equity investment and insider investment. Kind of high % short selling, with low volume.

Its too early Stage for enough info/maturity level of the company for To  have enough info for a thorough analysis to determine value. I think. I don't have the skills and experience to make that determination, that's why I am a subscriber, here. I get that from D.H.

Trulieve is one he has analysis, so I think this is one stock subscribers might want to watch.maybe not.

I bought some shares, hoping they some day turn into TCNNF shares. Purely speculative. I do, however think it has a good chance of making some money and building value long term. I dont think TCNNF would sign a contract to have their products  sold across all their markets if they didnt think Bhang could do it.

Historical Short Volume Data for BHNGF... obtained from simplywallst website
Date Close High Low Volume Short Volume % of Vol Shorted
Oct 25 NA NA NA 11,400 6,400 56.14
Oct 22 NA NA NA 1,845 1,445 78.32
Oct 21 NA NA NA 132,188 37,000 27.99
Oct 20 NA NA NA 2,980 2,813 94.40
Oct 19 NA NA NA 24,015 22,850 95.15
Oct 18 NA NA NA 131,883 15,319 11.62
Oct 15 NA NA NA 29,482 28,132 95.42
Oct 14 NA NA NA 110,350 110,350 100.00
Oct 13 NA NA NA 24,075 75 0.31
Oct 12 NA NA NA 2,201 200 9.09
Oct 11 NA NA NA 479 250 52.19
Oct 08 NA NA NA 26,600 16,300 61.28
Oct 07 NA NA NA 149,388 120,894 80.93
Oct 06 NA NA NA 42,870 42,870 100.00
Oct 05 NA NA NA 48,393 43,151 89.17
Oct 04 NA NA NA 206,338 139,338 67.53
Oct 01 NA NA NA 342,750 250,490 73.08
Sep 30 NA NA NA 480,741 210,603 43.81
Sep 29 NA NA NA 36,767 11,375 30.94
Sep 28 NA NA NA 80,996 77,996 96.30
Sep 27 NA NA NA 7,508 3 0.04

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

@cannabis-investing these percentage numbers are astonishing.  One day, however, these guys are going to get ripped to pieces.  For now, they are shorting the entire industry en masse and they are not really considering that there are some stocks that are worthy, while, yes, some are not.  

I have been wanting to hit BHang for some time; they have made it into my top 10 videos and are getting interesting.  

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Thank you for all you do!

I own shares of all your top picks and about a dozen or so in cannabis related stocks.

I agree with you, and I put in high Limit orders.

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

This article mentions Bhang licensing its products to Bhang, and expanded partnership.  2 positive points.

I did some researching into share holders for bhang, and found  a public traded company (CWWBF) plant based investment corp.

plant based investments corp/cwwbf owns around 34% of bhang shares.

Bhang owns shares of cwwbf plant based investment corp and is one of the top share holders.

plant based investments top share holders are core one labs, BHANG,, and grown Rogue international

grown rogue international owns 8.59% of plant based international grusf. td ameritrade restricts me from buying grown rogue shares. Its interesting too.

I found info, most of it on simplywallst website. they dont guaranty accuracy of info on their site, so ethically, I will state the same. I cant verify accuracy of any of this info. I think its true, but I dont have the skills to really dig like that into all the reported filings

Top Shareholders

Top 8 shareholders own 33.07% of the company
Ownership Name Shares Current Value Change % Portfolio %  
11.45%
Core One Labs Inc.
3,149,606 CA$787.4k 0% no data  

11.45%
Bhang Inc.
3,149,606 CA$787.4k 0% no data  

8.59%
Grown Rogue International Inc.

So I looked up grown rogue international and guess who owns shares of it?

8.59%
Grown Rogue International Inc.

I tried to see if I could buy shares and TD ameritrade says its restricted.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

@cannabis-investing So, Grown Rogue is licensing and selling Bhang products (The chocolates)?  And, each owns about 1/3 of each other’s company.  There will be a merge there.  Plus, Grown Rogue has a position of about 8.5% in Plant Based.  Again, that seems like a future potential merge opportunity.  And, if each other continues to push the other products, this just assists in growth of revenue.  Then, you factor in Trulieve selling Bhang products, and you see who will be picking up the different product categories.  

But, we do not see any Trulieve ownership.  Thing is, Bhang has a market cap of about $10M.  If Trulieve were to step in, they’d just pay cash for the whole thing and be done with it.  This would expand product categories and, with Trulieve growing nationally, this just adds more continuous value.  While chocolates are not the highest selling product category, it rounds out product category totality.  

ReplyQuote
Share: