Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

crazy short selling, 47% owned by private companies

Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Bought some today.

Crazy short selling on this stock. some days 100% shares traded are shorted.low volume of course, but kind of funny.

otcshortreport.com to track short selling on otc stocks. nakedshortreport.com for nasdaq. those websites have a few links to a few websites that are very helpful, free. they may have premium services, but I just use the freebies.

almost 1/2 the stock is private companies investing.

when I see private equity groups and investment corporations buying large chunks of these undervalued cannabis companies, I tend to buy small positions for long term value investment.

Top 7 shareholders own 49.39% of the company
Ownership Name Shares Current Value Change % Portfolio %  
27.63%
Javaa Private Equity Inc.
242,167,820 CA$29.0m 0% no data  
18.38%
Investissements Olymbec Inc.
161,131,694 CA$19.3m 198.89% no data

JP
 JP
(@jpynestergmail-com)
Eminent Member

I want to establish a position in them. Close to pulling the trigger. The price is right. lol

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Sounds good.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

Cannara Biotech LOVFF Stock is on my hit-list of things to do.  They are starting to print some interesting metrics.

I got a lot of emails on Cannara Biotech after my latest video regarding their position in the latest Top 10 spot.  

They could get interesting.

I'll look into doing a video next week on these guys.

ReplyQuote
robeau120
(@robeau120)

I would consider buying some but Fidelity charges a $50 foreign settlement fee.

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

That's a bummer.

Many cannabis stocks based are out of Canada, so, you might want to talk to a senior broker there and ask them if there is any way to waive that fee.

You can always start an account somewhere else.

It seems each brokerage fir has its own rules.

ReplyQuote
london enns
(@londonennsgmail-com)

Bought some shares today. Will be looking to add more with more due diligence from myself and more consistency in results from Cannara.

Will need to look into managements plans for share dilution which they have done a decent amount so far this year....

Simple Investing Thesis So Far:

They are in the Quebec Market (2nd largest market in Canada) which is underserved compared to the rest of the Canada. Costs ( both electricity/labour) are some of the cheapest in Canada. In addition, they have massive grow facilities, with room to grow in phases...

London

ReplyQuote
b17jayhawker
(@b17jayhawker)
Trusted Member

@robeau120 if you do it online the charge you be less than $20 for CAD. Interactive Broker is cheaper I believe. Also, if you try to place the order over the Fidelity International Trade Desk they charge you more vs doing it yourself online. Think it's another $30 for them to do it. 

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

@londonennsgmail-com London… Quebec law states that anything sold in Quebec must be made in Quebec.  So, it’s a contained economy.  That is something that makes this an interesting play.  The numbers were solid out of Cannara.  I had the CFO reach out to me after my video (Someone internally must have passed it around).  I was thanked and, we may try and set up a video chat for next video.  

Matthew Norris
(@birkboy91gmail-com)

@cannabisinvestingnewsletter Really like the idea of seeing some potential Zoom calls with various cannabis executives. Think that would be very informative to have the perspective of these folks.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: