Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Buy The Dips: S&P 500 as Economic Activity is Booming

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

GDP came in largely as expected: Far better than expected.  This is consistent with the rest of the data we’ve been seeing.  From this, the S&P 500 is up about 75 points (The Dow popped up over 500 points).  

At the same time, yesterday, Chairman Powell, of the Federal Reserve, stated that it will be a very long road to normalization.  I have consistently said this over the past 2-3 months as the market gears up for interest rate increases.  The Fed will normalize interest rates.  At best, that may mean an approximate 2.5% in short-term interest rates (The overnight rate) and, that may not happen for about 1.5 - 2.5 years.  During that time, inflation is likely to moderate as the year-over-year growth rates slow down.  Also, what if the supply chain reinvigorates and the beaks in the chain get back to work?  That has the ability to actually push inflation downward as more and more supplies hit the market.

Over the next 2 years, I will be continuously watching inflation and will continually be updating my position on this.  

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Copyright Cannabis Investing Newsletter 2021 - 2022