Cannabis Investing Newsletter

Learn To Pick The Best Cannabis Stocks

Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Flora Growth FLGC Stock will go nuclear if they get Colombia FDA approval for Cannabis Cure

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am blown away at the lack of movement in the chart on this stock FLGC stock, a NASDAQ-traded company that just submitted for approval their cannabis-derived cure for COVID.  

https://twitter.com/ByDHTaylor/status/1490027687112495110

TheQueen liked
Matthew Norris
(@birkboy91gmail-com)
Eminent Member

Thanks for posting this DH. I was actually wondering if any cannabis companies were attempting a formulation of the two cannabinoids. Plus, with it being Columbia, it has got to be far easier to get the regulatory approval compared to the US FDA. 

Had initially thought that FSD Pharma in Canada may be researching as they have put out a few press releases in last year or two about formulations for Covid. But it wasn't based on the most recent research. I'll link if I can find that info from FSD.

Another factor... it's available on Robinhood!  Score.

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Matthew Norris

TheQueen liked
ReplyQuote

Matthew Norris
(@birkboy91gmail-com)
Eminent Member

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/931138/fsd-pharma-moving-into-psychedelic-and-sees-legacy-anti-inflammatory-drug-as-potential-coronavirus-therapy-931138.html

Looks like they developed some sort of anti-inflammatory, with a different mode of action.  Clearly wasn't anything groundbreaking, like the potential of Flora's. Anyways, thought it was interesting.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Matthew Norris

ReplyQuote
(@1)
Estimable Member Registered

They are exploring it as a therapeutic, no claims its a cure that I am aware of.

“The intent of the study is to identify safe and efficacious cannabinoid products for use on SARS-CoV-2 thus allowing us to pursue the fastest path to market via a preventative immunomodulating product and to explore the possibility of use as a therapeutic.

Perspective.

I am pretty sure, these reports do not suggest cbd  will ever be replacing vaccines or boosters, or even mask use. So if you still need boosters every year, and still wear a mask, and all it is is a therapeutic, well, just add it to the list of things that don't cure Covid-19. JMHO

I am not trying to poo-poo on this. Just giving some perspective.

I have seen many companies put out press releases for approvals for some type of covid-19 therapeutic,  many companies, they all have one thing in common, the price tanked!!! and none got approvals yet.. Maybe this one will be the first. Look at Betrf, The analyst who recommended that company told investors to take a tax loss and move on last year. It wasnt cbd, but he dumped the cbd company too, which was hemp fusion. He is an expert on this sort of thing, thinking its years out, but maybe this cbd thing is something they can get approved in a different country unless than a year, but it still isnt going to replace a vaccine or booster, or even a mask. well maybe a mask, wooptie doo. lol

Maybe this companies product gets approved and  share price goes up up and away.

I just want to point out, there are dozens of companies, if not hundreds, trying to do the same thing, and many already 2 years into approval processes.

I have two siblings that are doctors and one that's a lawyer. They challenge everything.

I am playing the " Devils advocate here." If I didn't I shouldn't be here.

I hope this becomes a cure, but right now they are applying for it as  a therapeutic

for emergency use. Not replacing anything that I am aware of.

GODSPEED

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cannabis-investing The therapeutic portion is what is driving a lot of research into this.  This is how scientists put 2 & 2 together.  CBD is shown to be a good anti-inflammatory.  From that, they have found that this is one of the problems with COVID with the so-called immune-storm.  This prevents people from going into this.  So, this may be in line with what others are working on.  

ReplyQuote
TheQueen
(@gtosali1967)
Estimable Member

Flora Growth Names Vessel Founder, James Choe, Chief Strategy Officer
7:05 AM ET 2/8/22 | BusinessWire
Related Quotes

4:00 PM ET 2/7/22
Symbol Last % Chg
1.84 0.00%
Real time quote.

Flora Growth webinar with CEO Luis Merchan on February 11th at 1 pm EST where he will discuss the Company's perspective on CBD and the Global Market. Register here.

MIAMI & TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 08, 2022-- 

Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) ("Flora" or the "Company"), a leading all-outdoor cultivator and manufacturer of global cannabis products and brands, announced today the addition of Vessel founder and CEO, James Choe, to its executive team.

Choe began his career in tech, experiencing the boom and bust of the early internet. Drawn to his life-long passion for sports, Choe pivoted and spent the better part of two decades representing athletes, building sports performance products and brands, and building out a consultancy that ultimately opened the door to new opportunities beyond athletics. Choe's varied career has given him exposure to nearly every major industry and has afforded him the opportunity to consult for over one hundred brands and launch over four hundred products into market. Through his time consulting for leading brands, cannabis producers and Fortune 500 companies, the role of people in the success of an organization was crystalized. It is through this lens that Choe takes on the role of Chief Strategy Officer of Flora where he will focus on the development of three core pillars - people, design, and community.

"I want Flora to be the most thoughtful organization in the industry - how we think translates into the energy we bring to how we deliver on our promises as a company," said Choe. "At Flora, we are building a unique value proposition and are capable of far more than what's been done to date in the industry. I welcome the opportunity to pave the way for the future of cannabis by protecting our people-first organization, by being relentless in our pursuit of designing better experiences and by developing a culture of operational excellence that allows us to deliver on our global initiatives."

"We are excited not only to have added an incredible company like Vessel to our brand portfolio but to be welcoming such a skilled entrepreneur as James Choe to our executive team," said Luis Merchan, CEO of Flora Growth. "James brings an unparalleled passion to the organization. He has always been a people-first leader and his ability to craft a company culture and strategy built in service of the team has already started to create tangible results. We look forward to him growing his contributions."

Founded by Choe in 2018, Vessel is an industry leader in premium cannabis consumption technology and accessories. With a focus on sustainability and enhancing the cannabis consumption experience, Vessel has quickly made a name in North America. Vessel was acquired by Flora in late 2021 and brings proven go-to-market strategy and brand-building expertise to the team. Vessel now represents a meaningful foothold for Flora in the North American market and is primed for global expansion through Flora's various distribution channels.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Copyright Cannabis Investing Newsletter 2021 - 2022