Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Ascend Wellness (AAWH)

MIKE LOWMAN
(@infospringpools-net)
Topic starter  

Curious as to why a tier 2 MSO with a one billion market cap is not in your top 100?

Topic Tags
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator

I edited this post because I  screwed up and got wrong stock. I am not going to leave wrong info if I posted it, if I am aware of it. That isn't good for the forum.Might hurt my pride, but that's good for my humility.

I do own some aywrf, and I might get me some AAWH.  i may have traded it b4. i dont remember.

https://cannabisinvestingnewsletter.com/ayr-wellness-ayrwf-stock/

ReplyQuote
MIKE LOWMAN
(@infospringpools-net)
Topic starter  

AYR Wellness (AYRWF) and Ascend Wellness (AAWH) are two different companies.

https://ayrwellness.com     https://awholdings.com.

I own stock in both.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@infospringpools-net & @cannabis-investing

I've not done a video analysis on Ascend Wellness yet, but it is definitely on my list of things to do... and, hopefully it will be done really quickly.  There are forum pages for both with the content I've done for both.  Again, I've not hit Ascend just yet. 

Didn't Ascend just go public not too long ago?  

ReplyQuote
MIKE LOWMAN
(@infospringpools-net)
Topic starter  

@dhtaylor 

Yes.  They first traded on the OTC on May 26th 2021.

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator

sorry about that.

I did a quick peek, and simply wall st has it at over 90% undervalued, and I see some institutional and private companies invested.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@cannabis-investing they are doing licensing for other companies. They have a lot of solid connections. 

ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
(@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com)
Eminent Member

@cannabis-investing 

I have been watching AAWH since the IPO in May 2020.  They started with 10M shares at $8/share and it should have been one of the hottest IPOs going.  Q1 2021 as a private company they had REV of $66M and was EBITDA positive at $15.8M.  They had $62M cash.  Fortunately for buyers, cannabis hatred had begun.

AAWH had 18 dispensaries at the end of Q2 2021 in the hot markets of IL, MI, NJ, MA & OH.  They are fully vertical in all 5 states AND maxed out the CULTIVATION LIMIT and the DISPENSARY LIMIT (5) in Ohio.  In my humble opinion, AAWH is a great acquisition target for a TIER 1 MSO that would want to move into these states (hmmm...like TCNNF).  AAWH might be acquiring NY assets from Medmen (MMNFF).  Q2 Rev as a public company was $83M and again EBITDA was positive at $20.3M.  They had $104M cash.

Growth growth yada yada... End of Q3 REV was $94M and EBITDA positive at $23.5M.  Now they have $205M.  Thats a nice wad of cash!  Shareholder equity at the end of 2020 was $3.7M and at the end of Q3 2021 it is $184M.  

Shares fell as low as $5.16, and the market cap is under $1B.  AAWH is close to net income positive, and op efficiency was 36% Q2 2021 and 31% Q3 2021 indicative of a well-run company. 

If it sounds like I own shares of AAWH then I confess that I do.  I began buying after Q3 2021 numbers and after comparing them to similar Tier 2 MSOs.  Frankly, I think they are beating the competition in their grouping.  

Have a good 2022 fellow investors!  If banks and institutions rush in, then we will be rewarded!

ReplyQuote
TheQueen
(@gtosali1967)
Eminent Member

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com   Medmen backed out on buy, not explaining why, AAWH trying to get them to honor agreement.

ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
(@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com)
Eminent Member

@gtosali1967 

Yes, that is true.

Medmen wants out of the deal it made with Ascend Wellness over NY assets.  I don't know if it is NY licensing or dispensaries (with revenue sooner) but Ascend was p.o.'d  from the tone of their press releases!

I believe Tilray (TLRY) which is a Canadian cannabis company, bought about 20% of Medmen back a couple of months ago as one way to get into the lucrative USA market.  I wonder if there is any influence arising from outside sources?

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com

Thanks for the excellent input on this stock.  Maintain that confidence; it will serve you very well in the future.  You are setting yourself up for a very prosperous future.  

I want to do a full video on these guys very soon.  I am going to work BMMJ, then KGKG, and then AAWH over the next three weeks, doing a full/big video on each one week at a time.  

awesame liked
ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: