Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Browser issues when trading online. make sure you review your order b4 placing it.

Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hello,

I use TD ameritrade, and I like to use GTC limit orders and when I type in the price, it usually enters the price I actually  type in, then I review the order and place it.

Well, I am having browser issues  and or td ameritrade website issues that change my limit bid price, after I type it into whatever the current ask is, disregarding the price I entered and disregarding the order is set to a limit price and not a darn market order.

The problem may be in the browser that I use, tda software, or combination between the two.

When I set the order to a limit order, regardless of browser, whatever I type in, shouldn't be allowed to be changed by the browser, or tda crap software I call it, switching from what I entered, to current ask. that goes against entire point of setting it to a fricking limit order in the first place. to avoid that type of BS.

Please dont be dumb like me and not review order properly.

I ended up  placing a limit order 60% higher than the price I entered. I did not enter the wrong price, I saw it change to my price, it got switched before I was able to submit the order for review.

that should not be possible on a limit order. when I click limit it should close that door to a market order setting bid to current ask price. JMHO.

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@cannabis-investing if you are targetting a specific price GTC, and the price is the current ask, it may be that the ask has changed prices (Someone may have pulled it, or the previous price was fulfilled).  Once the price is between the bid/ask, it may be that you cannot put that price in.  Try going just above the ask price which would drive a bit more profitability, of course.  

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@dhtaylor There is a problem, and TD ameritrade admitted  it. I am simply pointing out a common problem so people are aware of it.

I placed a good until cancelled limit order at a specific price, not allowed to be changed, but there is a problem with my browser I used with TDA website, where as it switched the price I entered to the current ask price, like giving a diabetic a sugar sand which when he asks for a glass of water.

I think I was using "Chrome as my browser at the time. I use multiple browsers precisely because not one browser works perfectly on all websites.

All websites have issues. The FBI NICS, background check website, only works properly with a couple browsers. It used to switch  the day and month around backwards, took about a year for them to fix it. so I had too enter day and month backwards according to how instructed or I could not do background checks, unless I used the browser that worked. I think Firefox at one point, was the only browser that worked properly on the FBI NICS system.

Browsers and websites are not perfect and people need to be aware of that.

If I screwed up, I try and admit it. I screwed up by not verifying order properly, but I entered it correctly and I think TD ameritrade really should be liable for that. I entered correct price in proper way, its their mistake allowing my fixed limit price that I entered,, for them to allow it to be changed.  They should put out an alert.

Large companies tend t cover stuff like that up, rather than simply alert the customer.

It kind of funny if order is placed on one spot on the TDA website that doesn't ever happen, but on another spot it does, proving they have  a problem and they know they have a problem.

I had two TDA employees admit to the problem. I don't like  the way they are not accepting responsibility for it.

This is my point of view: The purpose of me or anyone reviewing an order is to check and see if I entered it correctly, not to see if browser or website changed it!!!!

TDA thinks the reason to review order is to verify their website and browser, or person entering info didnt make a mistake,a nd I think that is BS,, because, if the browser or TDA website, changed the info I entered once, what is stopping it from happening again when I review it??? That is how class action lawsuits are born. lol

Instead of TD ameritrade fixing the problem or alerting customers, they just cover it up, and hope they dont get sued.

I told them I would sue them If I lost a lot of money, and hung up the phone.

So, I can avoid this problem by placing orders on a different spot on the website.

Its kind of like if a store that has a hole in the floor. IF I walk over it, I fall through the hole. The store knows about the hole in the floor, but they think you should just walk around the  the hole in the floor. Its just a matter of time, until someone who falls through the hole in the floor, and hires a lawyer. lol

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

The problem is not just the browser, because this issue only happens on one spot of TD ameritrades website. If it happened on all places that orders can be placed, then issue could be blamed entirely on the browser, but still tda can and should fix the issue, by working with browser company to resolve issue, or put alert on that part of website when placing orders.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: