Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Federal Legalization of Cannabis IS Set For 2022

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

"The only place cannabis is controversial is in Washington D.C.", so says Representative Mace  (Republican, South Carolina) who introduced a bill on November 14th entitled "The States Reform Act" to federal legalization of cannabis on the Federal level.  That bill has not gained much traction since its introduction, least of with in the financial markets.  Also, there was the SAFE Banking Act that was tagged onto the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) in the House of Representatives, passed there, but was stripped out of the Senate version.  There were other attempts to decriminalize marijuana on the Federal level throughout 2021.

Over the weekend, the Bi-Partisan Cannabis Caucus to Congress (Yes, there is one) put together a memo outlining their goals for 2022.  In this, they stated their goals and objectives for legalization of marijuana in the coming year.  70% of Americans want legalization of marijuana.  This is from Gallup Polls.  And as Representative Mace points out, the disparity of the several states having so many different laws should push the Federal government to updating its own laws that allow for this.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by D. H. Taylor
This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by D. H. Taylor

awesame
(@awesame)

I'm hoping they can get it done by 4/20/2022.

ReplyQuote
awesame
(@awesame)

@cannabis-investing they're just waiting to get closer to the midterms.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cannabis-investing @awesame I think the process of pushing through legislation is a process and we will see it play out.  Remember, POTUS was a Senator for many years and he knows everyone there.  They will do what they need to do to get it pushed through. 

I think all of the "attempts" may have been nothing more than to drop hints to the people of the United States that this is going to happen.  If enough of these hints are dropped the attitude could turn to "It's about time".  

This is the year and getting closer and closer to mid-terms is the move to expect.  Keep your powder kegs dry because this will be big.  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by D. H. Taylor

TheQueen liked
ReplyQuote
Jeff Spahn
 Jeff Spahn
(@Jeff Spahn)

What I don't understand about is WHY is POTUS he sooooo against Federal legalization and it is unbelievable that the Safe Act hasn't passed it seems to be just the Pawn in the chess game if it passed everything else would follow
I truly hope that it at least passes so business can be business's and Institutions and stock market can come to life.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: