Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Federal Legalization

161 Posts
19 Users
76 Likes
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cannabisinvesting69yahoo-com Interesting read.  Let's hope it does something.

ReplyQuote
Lynn Youngblood
 Lynn Youngblood
(@Lynn Youngblood)

Below are a couple of paragraphs taken from this article that give HOPE (YAY!!!) and a timeframe for Safe Banking+. 

"According to Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), a prime sponsor of CAOA, recently said that the so-called “SAFE Banking Plus” bill that’s in the works would likely be filed following the elections during the lame duck session."

"Now eyes are turned to the yet-to-be-introduced SAFE Banking Plus bill, which may incorporate certain provisions of CAOA but is not anticipated to include the key component of federal marijuana descheduling."

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/schumer-touts-senate-marijuana-research-bill-among-historic-progress-under-biden-as-legalization-measure-lingers/

ReplyQuote

(@cannabisinvesting69yahoo-com)
Trusted Member

Good morning everyone!

I think this decision is a HUGE wake up call to lawmakers, and hopefully get them to work together and get some legalization and regulation of Marijuana, written, voted on, and signed into law before the November election.

If not,, I think they risk the next Federal court going one big step further, and saying flat out, that the prohibition on marijuana is unconstitutional. If that happens, then it could be a free for all, no regulations, like the wild wild west! lol , JMHO

Federal Court's Marijuana Ruling On Maine Licensing Rules Could Open Door To Interstate Commerce, Experts Say - Marijuana Moment

ReplyQuote
Q Canna
(@aconceptsketchgmail-com)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote

Q Canna
Estimable Member

So no law is stopping the MSOs from uplisting now. It’s purely a call by the NYSE/Nasdaq compliance departments(FinCen). The argument is that once congress passes a law like Safe, it will be enough of a signal to the exchanges that legalization is coming that they will allow uplisting. 

https://twitter.com/TheDalesReport/status/1558989739021275142

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cannabisinvesting69yahoo-com

Agreed.  I have been saying this for a minute that the Commerce Clause disallows preventing interstate commerce. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any response in the markets today.

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@aconceptsketchgmail-com

My first reaction to reading this is that FinCen could take years to do anything with this.  Governments are slow to move.  And, allowing up-listing on stock exchanges would not be the biggest priority for them.  But, SAFE+ getting pushed through would be a huge benefit to the industry across the board.  Getting the remaining steps would be a process.  

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@aconceptsketchgmail-com 

I have mentioned this that I am dubious of the "Lame Duck" vote.  Why?  Why bother?  I wonder if they all push through a bunch of bills just before the election and make necessary promises.  Then... poof.  Nothing!

ReplyQuote

Q Canna
Estimable Member

Dayum straight

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1560597086244069376

D. H. Taylor reacted
ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@aconceptsketchgmail-com

Nice!!!  Totally agree with this; Keep it balanced between both parties and we are likely to see some success moving forward.  

The chart is GTBIF stock and, it's up about 27% since its lows just a couple of week ago.  Much more upside potential.

ReplyQuote

Jeff Spahn
(@jeffspahn2011gmail-com)
Estimable Member

• What Biden seems to be favorable about won't help with uplisting IMHO He wants individual States to Legalize
  • The White House suggested on Friday that President Joe Biden will not be making any marijuana policy moves ahead of the midterm elections, with the press secretary saying that “I don’t have anything else to share in the upcoming weeks” when she was asked about other Democrats’ push for cannabis action by the administration.

During a gaggle with reporters aboard Air Force One, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was pressed on whether the president intended to talk about marijuana before the election, with the journalist pointing out that the topic is being raised by “a lot of his allies.”

Jean-Pierre acknowledged that questions about Biden’s plans for cannabis policy have routinely come up in press briefings and then reiterated that his position remains the same: leave adult-use legalization to the states, reschedule marijuana, federally decriminalize the plant and expunge prior records.

“The president believes that there are too many people serving unduly long sentences for non-violent drug crimes—a disproportionate number of whom are Black and brown,” the press secretary said.

However, while marijuana reform is a strongly popular issue, especially among Democrats, she implied that he didn’t plan to leverage reform before the election that’s less than 10 weeks away.

Much of what Jean-Pierre said—including a reference to Biden’s clemency actions in April—echoed points she’s made in the past, though the specificity of how long not to expect the president to address cannabis is new.

The White House was similarly asked about Biden’s plans to fulfill his cannabis campaign pledges just two weeks ago, with the press secretary saying that she didn’t have “anything to announce today at this point” after being asked about a recent call to action by Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D), who is running for a U.S. Senate seat.

“This is something that he has talked about during the campaign, and you’ve heard from him many other times talking about his drug policy focus and what’s important to him,” she said at the time. “We just don’t have anything to speak to.”

Biden and Fetterman did briefly discuss marijuana policy reform during a meeting near Pittsburgh on Monday, and a campaign spokesperson for the Senate candidate said the two talked about cannabis scheduling and executive authority to enact reform.

The president made his first public comments on marijuana issues since taking office after being pressed in July on whether he plans to follow through on his campaign pledge to release people who are incarcerated over non-violent federal cannabis offenses.

Biden reiterated at the time that he doesn’t believe people should be locked up over cannabis use, said that his administration is “working on” fulfilling that clemency promise and vaguely alluded to a crime bill that he suggested would address the issue.

Throughout his tenure, Biden has received about a dozen letters from lawmakersadvocates, celebrities and people impacted by criminalization to do something about the people who remain behind federal bars over cannabis.

Six senators—including Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Cory Booker (D-NJ)—sent a letter to Biden in July to express their frustration over the administration’s “failure” to substantively address the harms of marijuana criminalization and use executive clemency authority to change course.

They said that the administration’s current stance is “harming thousands of Americans, slowing research, and depriving Americans of their ability to use marijuana for medical or other purposes.”

ReplyQuote
brad clarke
(@bradclarke80gmail-com)
Trusted Member

This is why I have a hard time believing anything will happen this year. Fingers crossed. 

pete ferrell reacted
ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bradclarke80gmail-com Maybe things don't happen this period.  But, the eventuality is that things do happen.  Keeping focused on the bigger picture helps that out.  I absolutely believe we will see something at some point. Along with everyone else, I am hopeful before the end of this year.  But, if not, it will still happen.

ReplyQuote
(@cannabisinvesting69yahoo-com)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I think most people think 2 things basically about cannabis. I am starting out in very simple terms.

1.  A person can get high off of it, if it has enough THC delta 9 in it.

2. Are those that think industrial hemp that has low THC Delta 9, can't get anyone high.

I think most people think that way about cannabis/marijuana.

Do you believe that?

If so, you are wrong. I believed that, and I was wrong!

I used to think that a couple weeks ago. I don't anymore. My entire thought process on legalization has changed from last week, turned on it's head.  I am glad I understand this now!!!

I learned recently that there are currently some Hemp based products sold online, that people claim get them high, read the reviews if you like, and websites are selling these hemp products, like vapes, tinctures, and edibles, they are bought and sold online with credit card companies processing the transactions and the various banks using their debit cards, USPS delivering the products and UPS . I think this is all going on now. You can go to the websites, look at customer reviews. 

Below is a Guide explaining the different forms of THC.

IMHO if you don't understand the various forms of THC, I think investing in cannabis companies without that knowledge, is quite risky.

Guide To The Different Types of THC - The Hemp Doctor

Shop | Spyglass Wellness | Cannabinoids +

THCP+ Tincture | Spyglass Wellness

THC-P For Sale | Buy THC-P Online | THCP Vapes | THC-P Products – Binoid (binoidcbd.com)

Buy THC-P Products Online at the Best Price | CannaAid (cannaaidshop.com)

ReplyQuote

TheQueen
(@gtosali1967)
Reputable Member

New congressional bill aims to empower small cannabis growers

Sep. 14, 2022 2:29 PM ETTilray Brands, Inc. (TLRY), TLRY:CACGC, ACB, OGI, CRON, HEXO, CURLF, MMNFF, GTBIF, TCNNF, HRVSF, CRLBF, CCHWF, SNDL, ACRHF, AYRWFBy: Dulan Lokuwithana, SA News Editor6 Comments

cannabis legalization in the united states of america. cannabis leaf in hands on usa flag background

strelov/iStock via Getty Images

Two congressmen submitted a bill on Wednesday that will allow small-scale marijuana growers to ship and sell products directly to consumers across states when cannabis is federally legalized.

The “Small and Homestead Independent Producers (SHIP) Act” filed by Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA) and Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) is designed to allow smaller businesses to better compete against powerful multi-state operators [1]MSOs in the event of federal legalization.

“It is a daunting business environment that they’re facing. Markets are consolidating,” Huffman told Marijuana Moment.

“The huge multinational corporations are certainly going to do very well, but we want to make sure that the smaller operations have a chance to compete and succeed.”

The SHIP act allows the cannabis sector to benefit from the direct-to-consumer models where small farmers have historically thrived in traditional agriculture markets.

Excerpts from the bill: “Small cultivator of marijuana and a small manufacturer of a marijuana product may ship and sell marijuana or a marijuana product to an individual located in that State or another State in which possession of marijuana or the marijuana product is lawful by that individual, using the Postal Service or any private or commercial interstate carrier.”

U.S. MSOs: MedMen Enterprises (OTCQB:MMNFF), Curaleaf Holdings (OTCPK:CURLF), Acreage Holdings (OTCQX:ACRHF), Harvest Health & Recreation (OTCQX:HRVSF), Cresco Labs (OTCQX:CRLBF), Green Thumb Industries (OTCQX:GTBIF), Trulieve Cannabis (OTCQX:TCNNF), Ayr Wellness (OTCQX:AYRWF), Columbia Care (OTCQX:CCHWF).

Canadian Licensed Producers: Canopy Growth (CGC), Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY), Cronos (CRON), Aurora Cannabis (ACB), Sundial Growers (SNDL), OrganiGram Holdings (OGI), HEXO Corp (HEXO)

The bill comes as legislative efforts to legalize marijuana at the federal level gain momentum ahead of the mid-term elections.

Read: In August, Sen. Cory Booker said that Congress could soon take up a compromise bill on legalizing cannabis which will include provisions for marijuana business banking and criminal justice reforms.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 11

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

References

References
1 MSOs