Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

ITALY GOING LEGAL ?

Matthew Norris
(@birkboy91gmail-com)
Topic starter  

Thought I would share this post from yesterday 1/12/2022. With Germany very likely going fully legal, I believe other European nations will follow suit. Just as Germany is about 83 million and a tremendous opportunity, Italy has a population of about 60 million. Germany and Italy alone are about 143 million people, let alone the rest of Europe at 605 million. Wow!

My point is that cannabis companies who are already established in Europe (or plan on doing so in the very near future) will have the opportunity of a lifetime to become massive players and generate substantial profits.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/italian-officials-certify-signatures-for-national-marijuana-and-psilocybin-referendum/

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Matthew Norris

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@birkboy91gmail-com

Thanks for posting this.  I think I saw this the same day you posted it.  I keep saying this to everyone: German legalization is far, far bigger than anyone wants to believe.  Italy will be next and the rest fall like dominos.  The big US MSOs are very likely going to start making moves.  

ReplyQuote
Matthew Norris
(@birkboy91gmail-com)
Topic starter  

@dhtaylor Hey DH, you're welcome. I just think that it's easy to get so laser focused on the tremendous opportunity in the US, that other incredible opportunities (such as Europe) tend to get minimized.

ReplyQuote
Scott U ungren
(@ungrenscottgmail-com)

@dhtaylor The institutional ownership of IMCC is very impressive. I bought some for the IRA.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@ungrenscottgmail-com Hey Scott… This is a work in progress. These guys will build up an impressive company over a longer period of time.  But, I also think they will merge/acquire along the way; most of these companies have will. Given that, and especially since you’re using a retirement account, your longterm approach will pay off very nicely. 

ReplyQuote
Cannabis Investing
(@cannabis-investing)
Member Moderator

I think it will likely happen to some extent, but they have problems, I think.

A Problem with any country making marijuana legal is there can be international type restrictions that don't allow it.

I watched an interview with CEO of Khiron and a couple other people, and they mentioned that somebody was actually trying to sanction Canada like the US does with Russia, and fore Canada to make marijuana illegal to comply with some type of international law or something like that.( I don't know if it was a person, organization, some particular countries government, I don't know, but it certainly got my attention)

I think Italy faces similar problems and I think the news release touches on that a little bit.I think all of Europe face similar problems if the U.S. or some other country doesn't take the lead on that sort of thing.

I saw a video with Bruce Linton on Dales report comment how the USA is so darn slow basically to get things going, far behind other countries, when we should probably be leading the way. Paraphrasing not a quote, just kind of the jist of the conversation.

I think the U.S. Lawmakers nee to take the lead on this, get marijuana legal, set up import/ export with other countries, maybe some tariff discussions, as well as Interstate import export from State to State, in the US.

If lawmakers don't act soon the U.S. will fall way behind, and not only that, the issues that the U.S has with basically surplus flower, as well as Canada, might get much worse, if regulations, import export deals aren't set up with other countries and Interstate as well.

These are the things investors IMHO should be calling and emailing their lawmakers at State and federal level everyday, non stop until they do something, or better yet, run for office.  JMHO.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: