Cannabis Investing Newsletter

Learn To Pick The Best Cannabis Stocks

Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Anybody else loading up on Ionic shares before the merger with Yourway?

JP
 JP
(@jpynestergmail-com)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

At half a Canadian penny, it's too good to pass up. I'll be leaving a good chunk with Yourway after the merger, as I do like management's vision of building a cannabis brands juggernaut. Question is, can they survive this recession. . .  or will they, too, be bought out.

Jeff Spahn
(@jeffspahn2011gmail-com)
Trusted Member

Under the deal, Ionic Brands (IONKF.NaE) shareholders will receive 0.0525 of a YourWay common share in exchange for each Ionic Brands (IONKF.NaE) share held. The deal is expected to close in the third quarter.

ReplyQuote

JP
 JP
(@jpynestergmail-com)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@jeffspahn2011gmail-com   I looked at that wrong. At 344,000 Ionic shares at an average of .0050 what am I looking at here? 

ReplyQuote
Jeff Spahn
Trusted Member

@jpynestergmail-com That's why I alerted you, it's not as good as it looks IMHO

JP liked
ReplyQuote

Jeff Spahn
Trusted Member

@jpynestergmail-com

Remember its a

shareholders will receive 0.0525 of a YourWay common share

JP liked
ReplyQuote
JP
 JP
(@jpynestergmail-com)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@jeffspahn2011gmail-com Thanks! 

Correct me if I'm wrong with my math. All Canadian dollars but would take American dollars any day. Lol 

According to the agreement.  The price will be set at one cent for Ionic Brands (averaging early April to April 19th)  and fifteen cents for Yourway (April 19th price) . 

So my average is half a cent...meaning my $ 1720 becomes $3440? Or did I have to be a shareholder at the time of the agreement?

I divided my 344000 ionic shares by .0525 to get 18060 Yourway shares. 

Multiplied that by .15 cents to get $2709.

I added $3440 and $2709 to get $6149

How way off am I here?  Lol

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@jpynestergmail-com 

Without getting all scientific with this, your numbers look accurate.  But, you only need to be holding the Ionic Brands IONKF stock when you go into the close, or exchange (Not the beginning).  

The reference date is no longer a necessity.  The way it works is they use the reference date to create the exchange ratio.  The exchange ratio is the only thing that now matters.  You are doing your math based upon the IONKF stock exchange for YOURF stock.  

JP liked
ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin

@cannabisinvesting69yahoo-com 

Correct.  Technically, we are not in a recession.  Yet.  GDP did drop last quarter which, that kind of caught everyone off guard.  But, that is also a reflection of the surge in expenditures from stimulus checks. We are seeing this play out in Personal Incomes & Expenditures.  There will be a rebound in economic activity.  Then, we will likely get better data and more moderate ups/downs.  We are really just working through the stimulus surges.  And, inflation is inside of all of that.  

I'm not too worried about all of this; neither is the Fed.  

JP liked
ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Copyright Cannabis Investing Newsletter 2021 - 2022