Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of and analysis of cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Going to $10?

Mike Korner
(@mike-korner)

D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

@mike-korner Just do the math.  If you were to value cannabis stocks the way the broader market is valuing the S&P 500, MRMD stock is a $12.50 - $17.50 stock.  I was ultra-conservative in this analysis but, if players start coming back to cannabis and cherry picking stocks, this is one they will look towards and the price will be driven up.  

Stocks are a popularity contest.  Right now, cannabis is not popular.  But, every day there is something that is happening that may draw in more investors.  

Aj Daas liked
ReplyQuote
susna55555
(@susna55555)

My whole portfolio is  100% MRMD. Average price 0.905; Sold entire High tide position at 8.4 USD and bought at 0.94 USD Mrmd. Now i have 96 K shares. Wish me luck 🙂

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by susna55555

ReplyQuote
susna55555
(@susna55555)

My price target for this year is 1-1.2 USD IF good q3 earnings (operating income more tan 10M) or 0.6 USD if bad q3 earnings, (operating income less than 5 M). For next year 1.8-2.6 USD.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by susna55555

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@susna55555 I like what you are working with here.  I think MRMD is going to be a beast.  They are expanding across the country and doing so in a profitable manner without overextending themselves.  Their numbers will continuously improve…. From already great positions.  

On a short-term basis, I would recommend you getting comfortable with price targets that are far, far higher.  It’ll only support your wallet.  I did this analysis with a run-rate summary looking at current earnings.  The market should be valuing this stock far, far higher. It’s just that there are a lot of short positions that spilling into better-performing stocks.  One day, these shorts are going to wake up and see themselves in a position that is deep underwater.  When they cover, this will push these stocks up significantly.  

The market will not ignore profits forever.  

ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
(@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com)
Eminent Member

I am long MRMD unless something changes about the company.  MRMD earnings are out Monday along with earnings reports from TCNNF, SHWZ and LOWLF.  VRNOF earnings are out Tuesday morning.  I am hoping for good news on these reports.

ReplyQuote
cjubes
(@coreyjubesgmail-com)

@susna55555 Too funny, I had al 100% High tide portfolio until last week; 25000 shares.  Busted it up this week into marimed, hollister, lowell farms and tide...

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com Hey Ricky… when these earnings hit, if you get a moment, post the news release here (Or, anyone else for that matter).  I’ll be swamped beyond belief.  And, this is a great way for me to keep up with the releases.  

I’m really interested in seeing MRMD earnings releases.  They may be very impressive.  

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@coreyjubesgmail-com Solid portfolio.  You will do well over the longer term.  

cjubes liked
ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
(@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com)
Eminent Member

@cannabisinvestingnewsletter Sure, I will post MRMD earnings on Monday.  They are releasing numbers after the market close on Monday but the earnings call is not until Tuesday morning.  That is an interesting way to do it. I saw that Marimed is still winning awards with their products in a press release on 11/04/2021.

VRNOF releases their earnings and has a conference call Tuesday morning. 

Some company numbers are easier to understand than others.  MRMD, SHWZ, GTBIF are easy to read and are in US dollars.  CRBLF is not so easy to read. CCHWF is also tough.  I know you know this already.

BTW, CRBLF now has now fully converted to 421M shares based on today's Q3 report. I am using money from sales of my CRLBF stock to buy their competition. CRLBF finally made 50% G. Margins but are still < 30% EBITDA/REV.  They have lots of wholesale brands but only 37 dispensaries and I believe VRNOF, TCNNF and GTBIF will continue to pull ahead of them and be better companies to own for now.    

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com Thanks for this Ricky… My thinking is on this that other players are simply going to outperform Curaleaf with their numbers that only came in 1% QoQ.  They are not a top pick for a reason.  Thing is, they are one of the first to report, and you gotta ask if this is the tempo for the industry.  But, Colombia Care just reported 22% increase QoQ.  Solid.  

MRMD should do very well this quarter.  Same with VRNOF.  Looking forward to next week’s earnings releases; I’m going to be very, very busy.  

ReplyQuote
Share: