Cannabis Investing Newsletter

Learn To Pick The Best Cannabis Stocks

Cannabis Stocks Forum & Discussion

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. This is for the cannabis stocks forum & discussion. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Cannabis Cures & Prevents COVID!

Page 1 / 2

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

You all know that I eschew all, every single bit, of hype as I can.  But, there is evidence that cannabis byproducts, such as CBD, may in fact be evidence of curing COVID.  This is, as of yet, thoroughly tested but, results suggest there is something there.  

To all of us sitting underwater, all I have to say is: Oh, please... oh, please, oh please.

https://mjbizdaily.com/cannabis-producers-cautioned-against-profiteering-from-covid-19-research/

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here is an abstract to the published article on Cannabis & Potential Cure of COVID:

As a complement to vaccines, small-molecule therapeutic agents are needed to treat or prevent infections by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its variants, which cause COVID-19. Affinity selection–mass spectrometry was used for the discovery of botanical ligands to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. Cannabinoid acids from hemp (Cannabis sativa) were found to be allosteric as well as orthosteric ligands with micromolar affinity for the spike protein. In follow-up virus neutralization assays, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid prevented infection of human epithelial cells by a pseudovirus expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and prevented entry of live SARS-CoV-2 into cells. Importantly, cannabigerolic acid and cannabidiolic acid were equally effective against the SARS-CoV-2 alpha variant B.1.1.7 and the beta variant B.1.351. Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2.

I am trying to determine the efficacy rate.  But, the first five and last 12 words of the abstract above, tell the story: "As a complement to vaccines... have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2"

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946#

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Efficacy rates for vaccination are declining with the latest variants.  Adding in additional protection and cures will assist the body and the fight against COVID.

https://www.healthdata.org/covid/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-summary

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The research I am looking at is based upon CBDa & CBGa.  Here is a list of about 1,000 different strains and the amount of CBD in each:

https://ascendancystrains.com/search-cannabis-strains-cbda-or-cbga-levels

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

If you are not the type to read a research paper, as above, here is a general breakdown of what works and doesn't in the fight against COVID.  

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/cannabis-cbd-covid-19-treatment

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here's the Abstract:

Abstract: The spread of SARS-CoV-2 and ongoing COVID-19 pandemic underscores the need for new treatments. Here we report that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits infection of SARS-CoV-2 in cells and mice. CBD and its metabolite 7-OH-CBD, but not THC or other congeneric cannabinoids tested, potently block SARS-CoV-2 replication in lung epithelial cells. CBD acts after viral entry, inhibiting viral gene expression and reversing many effects of SARS-CoV-2 on host gene transcription. CBD inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication in part by up-regulating the host IRE1α RNase endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress response and interferon signaling pathways. In matched groups of human patients from the National COVID Cohort Collaborative, CBD (100 mg/ml oral solution per medical records) had a significant negative association with positive SARS-CoV-2 tests. This study highlights CBD as a potential preventative agent for early-stage SARS-CoV-2 infection and merits future clinical trials. We caution against use of non-medical formulations including edibles, inhalants or topicals as a preventative or treatment therapy at the present time.

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/cbd-thc-covid-19

ReplyQuote

awesame
(@awesame)
Eminent Member

I think this is a red herring. The issue of bioavailability in a lab vs. real-life usage is orders of magnitude. Cannabinoids might have some effects when directly applied to a virus, but in the body we're talking about trillions of viruses vs. probably hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of bioavailable cannabinoid molecules.

Also worth noting that the molecules under test were both the acidic forms of the cannabinoids, and those are NOT the form that exists in the body after decarboxylation (heating).

This is not a subject that I would get excited over, except as how it may contribute in some small way to the canna hype cycle we all hope is coming back.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@awesame Not certain if you saw my video on this yet (Or read through the material above) but, individuals who were already taking anti-seizure medication (Derived from CBD) were looked at to see what the rate of infection was for COVID. They had an overall lower rate of infection from the virus.  Because of the initial success in the labs, and the types of medications being used, the idea of looking at this group was logical.  So, there were successes in the lab.  Then, there are real-world successes.  The most interesting thing about this was that all of subjects taking the anti-seizure medication had no idea their data would be looked at after the fact for something unrelated - removing the placebo effect.  So, yes, there are bioavailability issues.  But, this has already been overcome and there are successes with CBDa & CBGa in treatment & prevention of COVID. It is early and this is big.  More individuals are going to take the next step.  

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

More research is moving forward. 
https://twitter.com/bydhtaylor/status/1488967597802459138?s=21

ReplyQuote
(@1)
Estimable Member Registered

cnbc has a good video on this, with a scientist explaining it.

It says basically D.H. states in his video.

ReplyQuote

D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cannabis-investing This could be far, far bigger than Cannabis Federal Legalization.  I want to be a constant dripping mechanism with content out there.  

ReplyQuote
(@1)
Estimable Member Registered

I have been thinking about cbd companies, before this recent news, and 3 that I have been watching a little are below.

all over 80% undervalued.

I think your followers might like a list of CBD companies and which ones are in the types of CBD that research is(?) I don't really know what types of CBD there are and what companies do what.

I googled CBD companies and made a list. I don't make any claims in the list, but here it is. I am not saying these companies make the types of CBD that this research is talking about. Its just a starting point in my dd.

IF someone wants to create a list on this forum and give some details about each company in cbd, Heck, I think that would be Great! Here is a list I came up with. anyone can create a topic, add to list, give info on any of them

cwbhf

ycbd

clvr

pclof

nept

grwg

ogi

zyne

sndl

vff

hyfm

tlry

jazz

ReplyQuote

Isail4fun
(@rtimothyobrienhotmail-com)
Estimable Member

Flora Growth, a leading all-outdoor cultivator and manufacturer of global cannabis products and brands, is hoping to begin research on its patent-pending, cannabinoid-based product. The company is requesting approval from INVIMA, the Colombian FDA, noting that recent studies indicate the potential for cannabinoids to display viral inhibition. FLGC’s research division, Flora Pharma, has filed a USPTO provisional patent application regarding the company’s cannabinoid-based formula, and the company is hoping to take the product through clinical trials under an emergency use authorization (“EUA”) from INVIMA. According to the company, the intent of the study is to identify safe and efficacious cannabinoid products for use on SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19); FLGC plans to pursue the fastest path to market via a preventative immunomodulating product and to explore the possibility of use as a therapeutic. If the company’s request is approved, Flora’s formulation would be the first product containing cannabinoids to be approved for use against COVID-19 by the Colombian government. “We are honored to receive the advice and guidelines from INVIMA as we begin this exciting research process,” said Flora Growth president and CEO Luis Merchan in the press release. “The Flora Pharma division seeks to obtain evidence to support this product’s use against SARS-CoV-2 and bring to market an effective, cannabinoid-based product. . . . At Flora Growth, we believe in following the research, and there have been several promising studies published in just the last few months on the application of cannabinoids in certain treatments. We are excited for our Flora Pharma researchers to build upon this progress and generate new data for how cannabis could help consumers around the world, leveraging this natural, botanical alternative.”

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@dhtaylor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@rtimothyobrienhotmail-com Oooohhhh super-cool.  I really do not think anyone is seeing the massive upside potential game-changer this is for cannabis investing.  Thanks for posting this.  

ReplyQuote

awesame
(@awesame)
Eminent Member

@dhtaylor Well, I would love to be proven wrong here!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Copyright Cannabis Investing Newsletter 2021 - 2022