Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of, and analysis of, cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

Tilray TLRY Stock Prints Impressive Results and Whether its a Buy

D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

TLRY Stock is heading upwards.  As I write this, there is blood all through the streets in the cannabis markets.  As well there should be.  Valuations were nonsensical for cannabis stocks.  The Blue Wave is important but will take a long time to come to fruition let alone any Canadian cannabis company benefiting from it.  Then there was the Reddit attack that surged pot stocks upwards to unbelievable levels.  Now, the selling of cannabis stocks is getting pot stocks more in line with their fundamentals.

Tilray TLRY Stock Chart

My expectation is simple: Cannabis stocks will realign with basic fundamentals.  That means there is far more selling to go.  That is an opportunity if you line up some excellent companies that are printing solid numbers.

As I write this, Tilray TLRY is down some ~5% after falling the day before by about ~3.5%.  This, after Tilray, printed decent gains in its financials just recently.  Tilray is starting to turn itself towards a more improved outlook.  But, they still have a long way to go.  And, while the numbers are improved, this still has Tilray at the lower end of the pile.

Gary Osborne
(@gosborne403outlook-com)

Dear DH,

I know you have stated that you don't believe in technical analysis, several times in webcast.  However, many of us do and make a living off of short-term trading, via t.a. and find it as a useful tool as to when to buy and sell.

My thinking is...... if you combine the two (T. A. and Fundamentals) into your analysis.  I believe you would get more viewers, covering all aspects of the stock.  For instance, I have made good money from short term trading Tlry (amongst other pot companies) using TA.  However, I do not go short, plus I only use your top stock picks; less risk.  Currently, I hold a small core position of several companies in one account (I don't want to miss a major news runup) and I use another account for short term trading.  

Barring a news event. I see Tlry  trying to descend back into its channel that it started around 5 months ago.  It broke out of the channel in Oct on news, topped out right at the 200-day moving average and is now heading south back into the channel. Possibly using the upper part of the channel as support; hopefully.  If not, then we may see $8 +/- again, which is the lower part of the channel.

This is just my two cents worth. Giving your clients all the options in their trading would be a big plus.

Sincerely, 

Gary

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@gosborne403outlook-com Hi Gary… Thanks for this input.  Actually, my philosophy on technical analysis is that since so many people actually use technical analysis, it is self-perpetuating.  I won’t be adding in technical analysis to the videos, there are enough individuals out on YouTube doing that.  I’m not really interested in being the biggest at this.  I’m looking for the dedicated to cannabis investing.  That being said, by you combining the two, stocks that are obvious buys because of their financials, you will see technical analysis play out that way.  That duality is likely to serve you very well, and I bet you can accelerate your account balance significantly.  I think you have a solid/winning strategy.  

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: