Forum

Welcome to the Cannabis Investing Newsletter Forum. Feel free to find your favorite cannabis stocks and contribute content as you please; content that continues the discussion of and analysis of cannabis stocks. – D. H. Taylor

Notifications
Clear all

TCNNF up sharply on heavy volume today....

Ricky Perkins
(@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is it because earnings are out next week?

Because it looks like from SEC filings in September and October that many of the TCNNF execs are acquiring boatloads of shares and no one is selling?

Because of extreme undervalued stock price?

Because some press releases are now calling TCNNF the largest MSO in the USA?

All the above? 

Highman
(@highman)

It's about time, this stock should be a lot higher. Look at their consistent growth and profitability. I own this stock, 15% in one day. Someone knows something, I believe earnings are coming out very soon.

ReplyQuote
Tracy Schaff
(@tracy)

Green Thumb and AYR were also up around 13%.  Cresco up 9%.  It appears that the bigger the MSO, the bigger the increase today.  Did something happen with legislation today?

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
(@cannabisinvestingnewsletter)
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com I have been telling people the same thing lately and really amping up my voice on this: Look at the value you bought relative to what you get.  Look at the EBTIDA profit percentage versus revenue on a percentage basis, as well as net earnings, and you will see that you are way ahead of the game.  Eventually, investors will start to buy in to the value of what you already bought.  

Warren Buffett, the greatest value investor of all time, always says: Get fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearfull.  Right now, the S&P is hitting new highs.  And, cannabis is hitting new lows.  Get greedy.  You own value.  It is significantly under-appreciated.  But, that won't last forever.  

ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@tracy

Tracy: I haven't seen much on Federal legislation but I have to think the Dems would like to get something done before November 2022 elections.

A lot of news in Colorado with acquisitions by CCHWF and CURLF.  It makes SHWZ look more and more like a target.

TCCNF, MRMD, SHWZ and LOWLF all report earnings next Monday 11/15 and VRNOF reports the morning of 11/16.  It could be an exciting week!

ReplyQuote
Tracy Schaff
(@tracy)

Ricky, CCHWF is the symbol for Columbia Care.  Curaleaf is not, from what I understand, buying out Columbia Care.  They are buying out a privately owned company called Tryke .  

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com Looks like a Republican representative is introducing legislation as a compromise bill.  That is what pushed stocks upwards last Friday.  Let’s see if there are legs to this.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com Looks like a Republican representative is introducing legislation as a compromise bill.  That is what pushed stocks upwards last Friday.  Let’s see if there are legs to this.

ReplyQuote
Ricky Perkins
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@tracy 

I am sorry you misunderstood what I was saying.  Columbia Care is making acquisitions in Colorado and Curaleaf is also making acquisitions in Colorado.  I made posts with links to articles about these Colorado deals on the SHWZ site.  I have no knowledge of any dealings of Curaleaf and Columbia Care with one another.

Since this is the Trulieve site I will get back to discussing Trulieve.  TCNNF is by far my biggest holding.

After some internet snooping, I believe Trulieve stock price may be up because Republicans on Friday afternoon introduced their own bill in congress showing not only bipartisan support for cannabis legalization but also if I am interpreting it correctly, the bill may be even more favorable to cannabis companies than the Democratic bill.  It de-schedules (legalizes) cannabis AND takes away 280e taxes (Trulieve is paying greater than 55% tax because of 280e) and replaces it with an "exise tax" of 3.75% for cannabis companies.  The bill will probably not be law for a long time but it shows bipartisanship and if it were implemented, the net income and cash flow for TCNNF would increase by tens of millions of dollars immediately.  The spike in TCNNF price occurred late Friday in conjunction with the news.

Good news for USA cannabis companies might also be that on Friday Canopy Growth, a major Canadian cannabis company, released an earnings report that was pretty BAD.  I will let DHT do the analysis.  Investors prefer TCNNF's 70% margins to Canopy's 12-19% margins, and prefer buying companies making hundreds of millions of dollars to buying companies losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year, etc.  

TCNNF was sold short by over 2 million shares (who does such foolish things?) and a lot of those short shares are being re-purchased.  My TCNNF shares are not for sale. Haha.

Good investing Tracy!  I hope you have a long term position in TCNNF.  I believe you will be rewarded.

ReplyQuote
D. H. Taylor
Member Admin

@gr8day4alemonadegmail-com Thanks for these comments.  My thinking on any legalization is that something needs to happen soon.  Dems are set to get clobbered in the next election and, what might be something they can offer to voters is results in one area.  During the summer, just before they go on recess and really get into campaigning, legislation could get pushed through.  So, while this was solid news to see the Republican initiative, I’m thinking it might not have the legs we are looking for for a couple of months.  But, something will happen eventually.  And, we should prepare for that.  

ReplyQuote
Share: